Who doesn’t love coffee? Coffee, the gorgeous, dark amalgam, is undoubtedly one of the most popular drinks throughout the world. But it’s not always easy to head out and have coffee; sometimes you’re just too tired or lazy. Other times, it’s difficult because your coffee bill seems to skyrocket as the month goes by. So why not to try it at home? Worried if you will be able to meet your own expectations?
Well, coffee lovers, here is a remarkably easy mocha recipe that you can make using your coffee machine at home. Here we go!
- Chocolate syrup or Cocoa powder – 2 tablespoons
- Dripped coffee grounds – 1 tablespoon, mixed with water
- Whipped cream (for garnishing)
- Milk – ¾ cup
- Sugar – ½ tablespoon (Or as per your liking)
How to Make Your Mocha
It is advised that you follow the instructions of the machine, since there are many different types and styles of coffee machines available. Here is a step-by-step guide that will accommodate most coffee machines.
- Fill the tank of your coffee machine with water.
- Take 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder or chocolate syrup and combine it with 3-4 tablespoons of milk. Most coffee makers include a tiny metal pitcher. You can put the cocoa powder in the pitcher, which will help the chocolate dissolve directly into the espresso.
- Now place the espresso and the chocolate in a properly cleaned portafilter. Press it down properly so that the grounds are smooth and level. This makes sure that the water passes through evenly. Use the single shot filter. Make sure the coffee is nicely packed. Lock the espresso machine’s group handle and place the small pitcher below it.
- Turn on the coffee machine to make the shot, which should not take more than a few seconds.
- Turn on the steam rod of your coffee machine for the first few seconds so that it clears before you steam the milk. Then, as it starts frothing, add sugar and milk. Place the steam wand into the milk. You can adjust the steam level according to your preference.
- Dispense the mocha in the glass flask and add steamed milk.
- The last step is garnishing. It looks pretty fancy when it’s done in coffee shops, but that doesn’t mean you can’t do it at home.
Other Mocha Tips
- You can garnish your mocha with whipped cream, sweet cocoa powder, or chocolate syrup as you see fit.
- You can skip the old-school chocolate syrup and go with hazelnut, caramel, mint, orange, and many other flavors. Better yet, make a delicious concoction by mixing 2-3 different syrups.
- To take your mocha to the next level, replace your regular milk with soy milk, coconut milk, or cashew milk. This will entirely change the face of your drink.
Are you wondering if you’ll really be able to make a good mocha at home? Why not try the steps mentioned above and surprise yourself!
Coffee coffee coffee! Nothing quite like a nice hot cup of joe in the morning 🙂 my name’s Nicole but on here I like to go by Java Jane. I am an avid coffee drinker and writer about all things Java related (and I’m not talking about programming for the millionth time!). Thanks for checking out my blog and always remember to stay grounded!